Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Blogless...


So the blogless days have piled up.


I apologize.


I have been swamped with work lately.


My life has embraced long hours in the office and I have succumbed to panic-stricken attempts to meet deadlines. I can't even get decent sleep and stress levels are at an all-time high.


I end the day with my brain totally fried. It always reaches its maximum tolerance level to a point that it just shuts down and refuses to deal with any more thoughts.


It's tough.


A week ago, I had to visit the clinic due to an excruciating encounter with headache. When the nurse monitored my blood pressure, the results of which had her internal alarms on a wild ringing spree. Seriously, she panicked that she insisted that I be brought to the emergency section of the nearest hospital.


Then the nurse prepared the wheelchair. Such act gave me nerves, lots of nerves. I had to subject the nurse to a few minutes of verbal debate as I felt that there's no need for such. In the end, I have to give in though. The nurse's imposing sweet voice coupled with a face that screamed sheer, unadulterated panic led me to just give up and get on with it.


Weird! That's how I felt when the nurse started to push the wheelchair where my arse is slumped in. The elevator trip calmed me for a bit as we weren't sharing it with anyone else.


I wasn't prepared however for the many people in the lobby and the people dining in Jollibee (a local fastfood chain). They were witnesses to one of my most unflattering moments. That wheelchair fiasco inevitably attracted attention from everyone.


Anyway, to cut the long story short, I spent a few hours in the emergency unit of Perpetual Soccour Hospital. I got discharged the same day.


I am better now, hopefully having more traction as far as work is concerned.


Is it safe to say that I am back to blogging?


Could be.


One thing's for sure now. This is not the last of my blogging attempts.

2 comments:

  1. It could be the stress PLUS all the the coffee you've been drinking, LOL! I'm sure you got the Starbucks planner already, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know, you may be right. LOL

    i am on Starbuck's coffee boycott now. I also try to keep stress levels to a minimum. Duh! As if stress is something I can keep at bay. I wish!

    ReplyDelete