Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Twilight Saga: New Moon


You can deny it all you want but this second installment of the Twilight franchise is highly-anticipated. I hear people talk about it during smoke breaks. I read it in forums. I see my Facebook contacts posting the trailer or just plain talking about it on their shoutouts.



I saw the first install and I left the cinema with nothing to rave about. Perhaps I should blame it on the fact that I didn't read the novel where it's based from. Or maybe not. I have watched movies which are adaptations of novels I never got to read but I still got to enjoy them.



Perhaps what really aroused my curiosity on that first install was Kristen Stewart. I love the movie "Panic Room" where she played the tomboyish daughter of Jodie Foster and it would be exciting as to how she'll attack a role that would have her saying cheesy lines about love and getting comfy with Robert Pattinson.



Anyway, that's not the whole point of this blog. What I really want to highlight here is that I am going to watch the second install for free. The employee engagement team of the business processing outsourcing company I work for will allow us employees to experience the saga for free by reserving an Ayala cinema exclusively for us. This would be for various screenings.


I am not really excited to see this movie.
Okay, maybe I am. I am excited to see Jacob Black in his half-naked glory. I have no right to complain as I am seeing this for free.


And maybe, just maybe, this movie would turn out to be a more interesting experience than the first. Otherwise, I'd just hope to be seated next to a cutie. My friend keeps reminding me a tad too often that trashy movies are never really a bad thing. If it's trashy, that only means you'll have more time to focus on cuddling with whoever's seated next to you. Just kidding!


I hope to see you guys there. So who's going to sit next to me? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment