Monday, November 16, 2009

That fear of the unknown


The phrase "fear of the unknown" used to hold no meaning to me before. It's so easy to associate such line as cliche's we never seem to get tired of. I was blunt then. I couldn't fathom the idea as to how someone would harbor fear over something they are vague about. For me, those lines were just verbal arsenals that losers like to arm themselves with when they can't seem to figure things out.


Such was the case until I was caught off-guard one day. I saw an ugly trend starting to loom over the horizon. Waking up suddenly became as complex and as difficult as that college algebra math equation that I haven't made an effort to make heads or tails with.


What is happening? It's like I am dreading having to start my days and if I had my way, I'll just sleep the whole day.


I never had to deal with any of these things before. I had my answers then when I was caught up in these situations. The reflective mode in me has already been unleashed and hard as I try to rack all crevices of my brain to search for the cause of that fear, I see myself on a dead-end. And that frustrates me. There's that yearning to know and when that is not satisfied, another kind of fear takes its course.


I may not be able to figure out the cause of this fear yet, but I have already figured out as to what I should do when I am caught up in these frustrating circumstances. I will just get out of bed minus the second thoughts and over-analysis, prepare for work and deal with the unexpected things the day would bring.


I have come to a realization that even if such a fear is unknown, I don't necessarily have to fully figure it out. I'll just let it slip away for good. It's all in the mind as they say. Now that's one hell of a cliche'.

4 comments:

  1. hello i like the way you write ,some time we have to leave all upon god and just stick with your faith that nothing is going to be wrong you will see that it will be true and fear will be over like a test.take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for dropping by, baili.

    i think i need to have more conversations with God to have clarity on whatever it is that I am going through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U have lovely kind of writes up.. Thanks for droppin by at my pink blog. Btw, im working in a Travel agency.. that's what I do for livin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, independent woman. I will be sure to drop by your blog as much as I can.

    I hope you keep updating such blog. I love reading your entries.

    ReplyDelete